Our School Aims Statement
To promote Christian principles and values within an environment which welcomes and accepts all individuals, developing positive attitudes and tolerance.
To continue to develop a welcoming, secure and stimulating environment for which everyone has a sense of ownership, respect and belonging.
To encourage each child to grow personally, intellectually, emotionally and spiritually so that they leave us with confidence and pride in themselves and their achievements and the skills to achieve economic well-being.To develop within each child a personal code of behaviour which values:
- Care and consideration for others
- Care and consideration for the world
- Belief in equality
- To expect each child to reach their full potential, through a broad, relevant and engaging curriculum which reflects our changing, increasingly technological society.
- To enable children to become independent and able to use their own initiative in a healthy and responsible way.
- To actively value and foster a close partnership between home and school for the benefit of the child and their family.
- To continue to foster links with the local and wider community and to enhance the children’s perception of their role as global citizens.
- To encourage and develop a sense of awe and wonder about the world and an understanding of our responsibilities as we make choices about our lives.
Our School Mission Statement
We believe that at the heart of our school is
‘The Child first and always’
Roberttown J & I School is a Church of England Voluntary Controlled School, committed to fostering and encouraging Christian principles and values. We are proud to be a church school, but we are equally proud that we welcome into our school family children from all faiths, or none. We value the richness and diversity this brings us.
We endeavour to create a safe and welcoming environment that is supportive and happy. We value and actively seek to foster and develop the partnership between home and school. We rejoice in the uniqueness of the individuals that make up our community. Everyone’s individual strengths are nurtured, so that all can experience success.
We believe high quality teaching and learning is essential so that our children can achieve their potential and participate fully in our society. We encourage our children to have ambitious aspirations. We expect high standards in all areas and celebrate effort and achievement in all aspects of life, both in and out of school.
As our children grow we encourage them to develop emotionally, socially and spiritually so that they become confident and fulfilled young people. We help them to develop skills, confidence and independence so that they can make healthy and responsible choices and contribute positively to the local, wider and global community.
We recognise and celebrate the diversity of experiences, cultures, backgrounds, faiths, and learning styles in our school. This helps us as a community to develop positive attitudes, respect and tolerance for others. The contribution made by all to life within school and in the wider community is recognised and valued.
Jesus said ‘Whoever welcomes in my name one of these children, welcomes me.’