Roberttown CE (VC) J&I School is committed to:
- Challenging discrimination and harassment whenever they occur.
- Promoting equality of access and opportunity within our school and the wider community.
- Promoting positive attitudes to differences between people of different backgrounds, genders, sexual orientation, ethnic origins, cultures,
- faiths and capabilities.
At our school we try to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and respectfully. We want to make sure that our school is a safe and secure place for everyone. People have different needs and we understand that treating people equally does not always mean treating them the same.
We aim to make sure that no-one experiences less favourable treatment or discrimination because of:
- Their age
- A disability
- Their ethnicity, colour or national origin
- Their gender
- Their gender identity (they reassigned or plan to reassign their gender)
- Their marital or civil partnership status
- Their being pregnant or having recently had a baby
- Their religion or belief
- Their sexual identity and orientation
- We recognise that some pupils need extra support to help them to achieve and be successful. We try to make sure that people from different groups are consulted and are involved in our decisions, especially pupils, parents and those of us who could be treated less favourably.
Our aim is for all children to achieve their full potential.
We welcome our duties:
- To promote community cohesion (under the Education and Inspections Act 2006)
- To eliminate discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations (under the Equality Act 2010)
- Please click below to see the detailed plan of how we propose to achieve the above.
If you or anyone else you know have any additional needs, such as information using larger print or accessing the school, please use our contact details to let us know.
We want to be able to ensure that we are meeting the accessibility needs of all our school community.
Roberttown CE (VC) J&I School
Telephone: 01924 403532