Implementing the Sport Premium
We are currently reviewing the effect of the funding on pupils' sport participation and attainment. We will be updating our website as soon as we have completed our review.
Government departments have provided every Primary School with funding to develop PE, Sport and Health.
In our school, we are using some of this funding to work in partnership with Legacy Sport CIC. We have also become members of the Youth Sport Trust. Together we aim to:-
- Encourage maximum participation in physical activity and deliver health programmes to improve the wellbeing of our children.
- Increase the amount of competitive sport in which our children participate.
- Develop links to community sports clubs and providers.
- Promote leadership skills through sport and provide pathways for both talented children and those with special needs in sport.
- Qualified PE Instructors and Sports Coaches work alongside our class teachers and regular training is provided for school staff. Subsequently our children will have the chance to learn new skills whilst teachers will learn new techniques to enhance their teaching of PE and Sport.
Our long term aim is higher quality PE and improved learning for children at our school.
We have used some of our money to enable more children to attend sports events and support KS2 Athletic Awards.
We are currently getting quotes to develop our playgrounds and encourage active play. These will hopefully include; playground markings and fixed equipment to develop agility, balance and coordination.
We will hopefully be able to organise more dance related aspects to enhance our curriculum (appreciation and participation), and are making enquiries about tennis coaching for some year groups.
If you feel our school Sport and PE would benefit from something specific, please speak to Mrs Clayton or complete a comment form at the office.
We hope you feel our work so far has impacted our teaching of PE, sport and health.
Sports Premium Documents: